Classified Ad Categories Today
Midwest Region Sales ManagerMidwest US
Location: Great Lakes Area
Meeco Sullivan, one of the largest and most respected floating dock system and marina manufacturers in the U.S. for over 60 years is looking for a Midwest Regional Sales Representative to join our team. This position will require extensive travel throughout the Great Lakes area and the ability to develop long-term relationships with marina owners and managers, marina developers, consultants, contractors, and government officials.
This position includes working with long-time customers as well as new customers and projects and developing new business opportunities. This person will report directly to the National Sales Manager and requires a detail oriented, organized, and process driven individual. Compensation package includes salary and a strong commission plan as well as excellent benefits. Knowledge of marina construction, marina engineering or a marine related background is strongly preferred, but not mandatory.
Residing within the Midwest sales territory is required. To learn more about this position and to discuss your credentials, please contact Ralph Morley, National Sales and Business Development Manager at email@example.com.
Marina AssistantBerkeley, California
Location: Berkeley, California
The City of Berkeley has an immediate opening for Marina Assistant in the Parks, Recreation and Waterfront Department.
Salary: $4,877.00 - $5,171.00 Monthly
(in addition to a generous benefits package)
Final Filing Date: May 8, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
The Marina is a central part of the greater Berkeley Waterfront, which includes 100 acres of park space, 7 miles of trails, numerous picnic areas, a 17-acre off-leash dog area, wildlife habitat, Adventure Playground, Shorebird Park Nature Center, 4 Restaurants, a full service hotel, and panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay.
The Marina’s 52 acres of water and 1,100 slips can accommodate vessels 16 feet to 110 feet in length. Surge and rough water are eliminated by an entrance breakwater. Berths include dock boxes, water hook ups, electrical outlets, night lighting, locked gates, restrooms with showers, and parking. The Marina includes a full service boat yard with an on the water fuel dock, a four lane boat launch ramp, and an area for trailered boat storage, a small boat hoist, and three small-boat launching and landing docks. The Marina offers permanent and guest slips, free mobile pump outs, and is a Certified Clean Marina. Several organizations call the Marina home, including the Berkeley Yacht Club, Sailing and Watersports Clubs, and a Dragon Boat club. The Marina is centrally located approximately 8 nautical miles from the Golden Gate, and approximately 5 nautical miles from San Francisco and Angel Island.
The Marina Assistant is responsible for patrolling the Berkeley Marina and adjacent dock and ground areas for the prevention of theft, vandalism, and hazardous conditions and performs boat towing and rescue operations as well as office clerical and custodial duties.
To qualify you must possess the equivalent to a high school graduation and two (2) years of experience in marina operations equivalent to the Marina Assistant Trainee level. Possession of a Coast Guard Auxiliary or Power Squadron certificate and a lifesaving certificate and small boat handling experience are desirable.
Applicants passing all examination phases will have their names placed on an employment eligible list that hiring department(s) will use to fill career full-time and temporary positions.
To apply and for more information about this opening, please visit our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/berkeley, no later than Monday, May 8, at 5:00 p.m. (PST).
Waterfront SupervisorBerkeley, California
Location: Berkeley, California
The City of Berkeley is currently seeking candidates for the position of Waterfront Supervisor.
Description: Our Waterfront division operates and maintains the Berkeley Marina, which is the largest marina in the Bay Area, and its related facilities including Cesar Chavez Park, the Shorebird Nature Center, and the Adventure Playground. This division also manages agreements with Marina businesses, leases, boats and berths in the Marina. This is an exciting time at the Waterfront with a strong focus on Business Development and Capital Improvement projects including improvements to the Berkeley Pier, dock reconfigurations and replacements, as well as additional upgrades to facilities and grounds.
The Waterfront Supervisor plans, organizes, directs, and supervises assigned Waterfront personnel, properties, programs, and operations, including waterfront businesses, projects, events, leases, grounds, facilities and the Marina; recommends and implements approaches for optimal operation and management of the Waterfront; and assists in the development, and implementation of division policies, procedures, and budget.
Typical duties include:
- Plans, directs, and manages the assigned personnel and activities of the Waterfront division; selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates subordinate supervisor(s) and staff;
- Assists with the development, and implementation of the Waterfront's goals, policies, procedures, work standards, and budget; implements and administers programs, projects, and services to fulfill those needs;
- Analyzes business operations at the Waterfront; proposes changes to achieve operational efficiencies, fiscal sustainability, and regional competitiveness;
- Communicates, manages, and enforces Waterfront tenants' compliance with permit, lease and/or license terms; oversees the collection of fees received by tenants and ensures City staff compliance with cash handling standards;
- Responds to Waterfront-related escalated inquiries and resolves problems and concerns expressed by Marina slip-holders, citizens and/or organizations;
- Manages procurements, grants, contracts, and consultants to ensure
- Researches and gathers data for periodic and special reports for management review; justifies and documents recommendations with appropriate background data; prepares and presents reports for boards and commissions;
- Assists in the management of capital improvement projects, programs, and special events;
- Prepares, manages, and responds to environmental and safety emergencies on and near the water; ensures adherence to safety practice standards and the rules and regulations of regulatory organizations; and
- Acts as the Waterfront Manager in his/her absence.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social or environmental science, business or public administration, urban planning, or a related field;
Experience: One (1) year of increasingly responsible experience in supervision or providing lead direction in Waterfront or Marina operations, regulatory compliance, water or recreation-oriented enterprises, project/program management, or related experience. Additional increasingly responsible similar or related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Salary: $7,507 - $9,218 Monthly
(Plus generous benefits package)
Final Filing Date: April 17, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
To apply and for more information about this opening, please visit our website at www.cityofberkeley.info/jobs no later than Monday, April 17 at 5:00 p.m. (PST).
City of Berkeley
Sales & Marketing Account Executive – Marina Safety and OSHA CompliancePortsmouth, Virginia
Location: Portsmouth, Virginia
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package - Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Leave, etc.
Employee Type: Full Time, Salaried, exempt.
Department: Training Technologies
Description: MYMIC Simulations, LLC (”MYMIC“) is looking for an ambitious, high-performing Sales & Marketing Account Executive to drive sales growth for safety training and OSHA compliance within the marina and boatyard industry. Ideal candidate is a smart, self-starter who demonstrates creative problem solving and leadership skills, and is driven to consistently exceed expectations. MYMIC is seeking someone who values integrity and a “work hard / play hard” attitude in the pursuit of new business development.
Duties: The right candidate will serve in an inside/outside sales capacity with a focus on prospecting and new business development. H/She will manage the entire sales process from opportunity qualification through customer purchase and work with internal team members to ensure successful delivery. Responsible for product demonstrations, proposal development and agreement negotiation as well as continuous account management, expansion and forecasting. Job duties to include:
- Conduct Direct Sales activities representing MYMIC to decision makers and clients in the learning and development market in order to achieve or exceed company defined sales goals.
- Analyze a defined territory and target the highest potential prospects for a given training solution
- Market MYMIC products and services using email, social media, creative writing and presenting before groups at trade shows and individual organizations.
- Learn and conduct OSHA training & certifications to include forklift training and marina inspections.
- Existing knowledge and / or the ability to quickly develop increasing knowledge of 3D and 2D virtual interactive simulations, game-based training technologies products and services including eLearning, learning management systems, etc. as well as an understanding of the learning and development market specific to marina and boatyard safety.
- Creatively address customer problems as a true solutions provider.
- Make cold calls, face-to-face and via telephone prospecting to develop new business.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities.
- One to two years of college.
- Exposure to marketing to include marketing within social media channels.
- Three to five years of sales experience in a goal-oriented environment; working off a primarily commission–based compensation plan is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with and present to all levels within prospect’s organization.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in MS Office especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel extensively for customer meetings, conferences, tradeshows, etc.
- Familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
- Working knowledge or experience in the Marina/boatyard industry.
- Certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other relative certification.
- Experience building industry relationships, including but not limited to: prospective customers, association members, and vendor partnerships.
Please email resumes to Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Development/General Bid Procurements
Marina/Morelli Park Boat Launch Operation/Facility Management for the City of StocktonStockton, CA
The City of Stockton is seeking proposals from qualified operators experienced in the operation of a marina and boat launch facility.
A mandatory pre-bid tour will be held on April 27, 2017 at 2:00 pm at the Marina Office, 445 W. Weber Ave., Suite 128 B Stockton, California.
Proposal forms and specifications are available on the City’s web site at http://www.stocktongov.com/services/business/bidFlash/projDetail.html?dept=Economic_Development,idnum=PUR-17-010 and must be delivered to the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 425 N El Dorado St, Stockton, up to but not later than, Thursday, MAY 18, 2017, at 2:00 pm.
Marina and Resort for SaleCoolin, ID
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort – located in Priest Lake, Idaho.
958 Blue Diamond Road
P.O. Box 190
Coolin, ID 83821
- Turn-key business with loyal customer base.
- Consistent revenue growth for 20 years.
- Opportunity for future expansion.
- Beautifully maintained assets.
Included in Offering:
- 60 boat moorage slips.
- Boat storage and workshop.
- Fleet of quality rental boats.
- Marina store and rental office.
- Boater showers and restroom.
- Restaurant with recent kitchen upgrades.
- 40 Open Slips.
- 4-bedroom/3-bath home used as residence and guest lodging.
- Exquisite landscaping.
For more information, please visit: http://www.waterfrontbusinessforsale.blogspot.com
Or contact: Carolyn Deshler, Owner
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort
Marina for SaleBig Fork, MT
For Sale: Bayside Park and Marine Center: Montana marina with development and expansion potential for 100+ slips with 515+ feet of protected waterfront on Big Fork Bay at the mouth of the Swan River entering Flathead Lake. The largest natural fresh water lake west of the Mississippi River. Near Glacier National Park and over a dozen golf courses. More information is available at http://deanandleininger.com/bayside/.
Here are some suggestions for your classified ad ...Sample Help Wanted This is a help wanted position, so include name of position, brief requirements, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Position Wanted This is a position wanted, so include name of position, brief qualifications, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Equipment for Sale This is a piece of equipment for sale, so include a description, price, seller’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Come back here often to check for marina opportunities and equipment! Members post ads for free. To post an opening or announcement, please send e-mail to Mariann Timms at email@example.com.