Classified Ad Categories Today
HARBOR PATROL OFFICERCITY OF SANTA BARBARA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
$80,053 - $97,305 Annually
Patrols the waterfront area by boat, vehicle and foot to ensure safety of personnel and property. Monitors radios and responds to emergency situations, including but not limited to fire, medical, law enforcement, lifesaving and disabled vessel rescue calls in the Harbor area. Conducts routine inspections of vessels, moorings and dock lines; removes navigational hazards and illegally docked boats. Safely operates and navigates patrol boats in harbor and coastal waterways and locates and assists disabled boats and passengers. Tactfully communicates information, including harbor policies, rules and regulations to the public. Uses good judgment. Prepares watch logs and incident reports to document shift activities, and completes other special reports as assigned. Operates multi-channel radios, cash drawer, computer, and miscellaneous office equipment. Calculates, receives and records payments for harbor services. Provides exemplary customer service to all individuals by demonstrating a willingness to be attentive, understanding, responsive, fair, courteous and respectful, and to actively participate in maintaining a positive customer service environment. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required. Written and practical exams are tentatively scheduled for the week of October 8th.
Knowledge of: Boat handling, piloting and navigational rules of the road; boat engine and troubleshooting procedures; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, policies, and procedures; basic math to calculate fees and receive payments; and modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
Skill in: Vessel operations; enforcing laws, rules and regulations; emergency medical response; and communicating with the public.
Ability to: Tactfully communicate and enforce rules and regulations; make decisions in emergency situations; work without supervisors present; evaluate marine conditions, read weather instruments and basic navigational instruments such as compass, charts, chart plotter, fathometer, GPS, RDF, and radar; operate fireboats and related pumps; tow disabled vessels; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, including documenting shift activities in written reports; understand and follow oral and written instructions; swim in the ocean to rescue the public; complete the entire series of Division of Boating and Waterways sponsored classes including Basic Maritime Officer's Course, Boating Under the Influence, Marine Firefighting, Rescue Boat Operations and Boating Accident Investigation ; complete Officer Safety and Field Tactics at California Specialized Training Institute. Ability to swim 300 meters demonstrating four basic strokes, within 10 minutes and successfully pass a dive recovery exercise.
Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United States at time of appointment, OR a permanent resident alien who has applied for and will obtain citizenship within three (3) years of this application for employment.
Age: Applicants must be 21 years of age at time of appointment.
To qualify, a candidate must possess the following required License or Certificate Requirements at time of application:
1. A valid California driver's license.
2. An appropriate, valid California Emergency Medical Technician Certificate.
3. An appropriate, valid PC 832 Peace Officer Training certificate from the State of California, and a valid PC 832 Firearms Certificate.
4. An appropriate, valid Merchant Marine Officer's License (Master or OUPV) from the United States Coast Guard.
Must possess, pass, or obtain within the first year of employment:
1. A Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate or USLA Lifeguard Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain:
1. An appropriate, valid certificate for the completion of the entire series of Department of Boating and Waterways sponsored classes including Basic Maritime Officer's Course, Boating Under the Influence, Marine Firefighting, Rescue Boat Operations and Boating Accident Investigation.
2. An appropriate, valid certificate for the completion of Officer Safety and Field Tactics at California Specialized Training Institute.
The selection process may consist of the following: Written Exam, Swim Test, Boat Test, Oral Board Exam/ Department Interview, Comprehensive Medical Exam, Controlled Substances Screening, Psychological Evaluation, Polygraph Examination, Background Investigation, and Criminal History Check. It is important that your application and supplemental questionnaire show all the relevant education, training, experience, knowledge, abilities, and skills you possess that qualify you for this position. Applications and supplemental questionnaires may be rejected if incomplete.
CITY APPLICATION AND RESPONSES TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONAIRE MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2018.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santabarbara/jobs/2204691/harbor-patrol-officer?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
MARINA AGENTMARINE BUREAU
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS, RECREATION & MARINE
CITY OF LONG BEACH
Salary: $1,220.72 - $2,082.64 Biweekly
Location: City of Long Beach, CA
Job Type: Classified - Full-Time, Permanent
Department: Parks, Recreation & Marine - (CL)
Job Number: H59AN-18
Closing: 9/17/2018 4:30 PM Pacific
Accepting online applications only. Apply online 24 hours a day, beginning August 27, 2018 through 4:30 p.m., September 17, 2018.
Visit the City of Long Beach Employment Opportunities Website for full position description, duties, filling deadline, and other details, at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/longbeach/jobs/2191585/marina-agent?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, performs a variety of customer service and marina-related duties for recreational and commercial boaters, and other users of the City's marine and beach facilities; provides assistance and information to Marine Bureau customers; performs cash handling and other customer service transactions; performs marina-related and other facility inspections and boat checks; assists with marketing efforts and coordination and preparation of special events; interprets, applies, and explains policies, regulations, codes, and procedures related to slips, moorings, dock structures, and other marina/beach assets; monitors and corrects problem conditions at launch ramps, beach lots, and other facilities; assigns space for visiting vessels and collects fees from owners; calculates and collects fees; operates marina equipment such as small water craft, hoists, pump-outs, etc.; handles issues/inquiries concerning marina slips and structures; may maintain slip waiting/transfer lists, records, and information related to permits, fees, inspections, and codes; may assist in the supervision, assignment and training of clerical personnel and Marina Agents; performs other related duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
One year paid, full-time equivalent experience working in a marina, or a recreational/public use facility.
Additional Requirements to File:
- Ability to:
- Communicate tactfully and effectively both orally and in writing;
- Perform simple mathematical calculations;
- Occasionally work within confined spaces;
- Lift and carry heavy objects up to fifty (50) lbs. and over 50 lbs. with assistance;
- Work safely around water including emergency situations;
- Use computers and computer software applications.
- Willingness to:
- Work field functions (on decks, in boats, etc.) and desk functions;
- Work an irregular schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, and respond to emergency callbacks.
A valid motor vehicle operator's license and a current DMV driving record must be submitted to the hiring department at time of selection.
Successful completion of an approved boating safety course, and possession of a valid California Boating Card will be required prior to completion of probation.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of marina and boating fundamentals is desirable.
Moorage ManagerPortland, Oregon
Overall purpose of the job:
Combine your love of the water with your career!
This person will be responsible for the overall management of the moorage, including day-to-day relationships with members, government and business entities, capital improvement projects, financial management, moorage personnel and office administration.
1. Responsible for managing the relationships and negotiating contracts with the various suppliers to the moorage. Responsible for negotiating agreements for parking lot and street maintenance. Work with city and PGE on upcoming projects and parking lot improvements.
2. Responsible for negotiating management lease with ODSL.
3. Responsible for developing annual improvement plans. Work with project engineers to secure permits, assisting as needed to work with engineering firms, city and county permitting agencies, and construction companies. Utilizing Reserve Study information, implement plans according to schedule and within approved budgets.
4. Work with head of maintenance to develop annual, summer and winter maintenance plans with the long-term goal of reducing emergency maintenance activities and emergency expenditures. Manage maintenance personnel.
5. Utilize current technology to increase productivity, improve communication, and reduce paperwork.
6. Communicate with certificate holders and renters of moorage, informing them in a timely manner of pertinent information. Gather feedback on potential plans and include in final recommendations to the board.
7. Communicate with real estate agencies, new members, and renters to ensure appropriate paperwork, background checks, and rules regulations are provided as needed.
8. Make recommendations to board on policy changes. Communicate the needs of the moorage residents to the board. Advise board as needed. Attend all board meetings.
9. Responsible for the entry gate system.
10. Manage the complaint system as defined by the Complaint Policy. Resolve issues in a timely and fair manner. Forward complaints to Complaint Committee or the board when appropriate.
11. Develop draft for annual budget, including annual maintenance plan. Work with Finance Committee to finalize budget. Manage moorage operations within budget. Approve accounts payables and co-sign checks.
12. Responsible for managing administrative functions, data entry and information management for moorage.
1. Ability to proficiently utilize current office and communication technology.
2. Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Knowledge of budgets and financial administration.
4. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
5. Ability to handle multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
6. Able to develop and maintain relationships government agencies, vendors and suppliers, certificate holders and renters.
7. Must have at least 5 years management experience.
8. Must provide at least 2 solid professional references.
9. Knowledge of city, county and state codes & requirements, including fire codes, harbormaster codes, Title 28 etc. (desired)
Resumes need to be sent to: email@example.com attn: HR committee
Marina ManagementBay Area, CA
Safe Harbor Marinas are located in some of the most desirable boating locations on the West coast. Marina Management today is a hybrid of Hospitality, Recreation, Hotel and Property management and we are revitalizing it with an unprecedented focus on service and community. As the largest and fastest growing marina owner and operator in the world, the opportunities for growth are vast and ever-expanding. We're looking for ambitious and gregarious leaders who aspire to be responsible for all aspects of their own properties as GMs and beyond. Our vision is to take the hassle out of boating and make it simple and fun.
The Marina Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the marina. Most important are maintaining the highest level of customer service and appearance of the facility and staff. Other duties include accounting, staffing, reporting, leasing, legal compliance, marketing, and emergency preparedness.
At Safe Harbor Marinas we pride ourselves on being the BEST at what we do. We expect all our staff to behave in a professional, respectful, and inclusive manner. You must show maturity and commitment, and excellence in all your work and communication. This role suits a fit and energetic person who can be innovative and flexible.
- Provide excellent courteous service to all.
- Manage personnel within company guidelines.
- Develop employees for advancement.
- Maintain positive relationship with all business contacts.
- Proactively market the marina.
- Maintain rigorous accounting, safety and regulatory procedures.
- Marina management or supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Hardworking ethos
- Respect for all persons
- Friendly and energetic manner
- Strong team player
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
Competitive compensation, benefits and career opportunities offered. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Harbor Marinas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Assistant HarbormasterMarina Bay Yacht Harbor
The Assistant Harbormaster is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of a large 800 slip marina as well as assisting with operations, customer service, sales and marketing. Marina Bay Yacht Harbor has an active launch ramp and is host to the annual boat show every year. The position is at least 50% outside physical work in all weather conditions. The ideal candidate would be someone who can easily transition from working on the docks with the maintenance staff to the office assisting with tenants and back again.
- Two years experience in marina operations or equivalent.
- Boating experience.
- Marina construction/maintenance experience or equivalent - specifically a good working knowledge of concrete dock maintenance and repair.
- Experience with marina electrical and plumbing repair and maintenance - ie maintenance/repair of 30/50 amp shore power centers as well as the marina plumbing system and pump out stations.
- Excellent staff management skills - the ability to work with and supervise a small but diverse group as well as oversee outside contractors to ensure quality work is completed in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service skills - the ability to effectively address and resolve a wide range of customer issues.
- Excellent attention to detail - willing and able to notice the details that matter and the ability to prioritize competing needs to maintain high standards.
- General knowledge of facilities maintenance to include the repair and maintenance of the marina buildings and systems.
- Computer experience to include the use of Office as well as the ability to quickly learn the marina's database program (currently FSM).
- The ability to quickly research and acquire the necessary parts and supplies so the maintenance staff can complete their work on time while staying within budget.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Clearly speak, read and write English.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to operate small vessels including basic towing experience and the general care and use of outboard motors.
The position is full-time and requires weekend work (Tuesday through Saturday) and includes benefits.
Please send resume as a Word or PDF attachment (include a brief description of any boating experience) to Harbormaster@MBYH.com.
Dock HandMarina Bay Yacht Harbor
The ideal candidate has good attention to detail, takes direction well and can perform well either independently or in a group. This is an entry-level position and, particularly at the outset, duties will be heavy on general cleaning (ie pressure washing) and maintenance of the marina facilities (docks, grounds, parking lots, buildings etc.). On an as-needed basis will also be required to assist the Maintenance Technicians with marina repairs and projects. As this is a marina facility, most of the work is outdoors near the water and boats in all weather conditions.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to take direction.
- Basic facilities maintenance skills - able to safely operate and maintain cleaning equipment such as pressure washers, leaf blowers and other power equipment (ie basic power tools etc.) as needed, as well as ability to effectively clean and maintain all areas of the marina.
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be comfortable working on and near the water.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, kneel etc. in order to order to maintain marina surfaces, able to lift equipment, tools and debris.
- Excellent customer service skills -- ie the ability to work well with marina tenants.
- Clearly speak, read and write English.
- Valid California Driver License with clear driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Experience operating cleaning equipment (ie pressure washers etc.) as well as power and hand tools.
- Basic facilities maintenance skills to be able to assist Marina Maintenance Technicians as needed.
The position is full-time and requires weekend work (one weekend day a week to be determined). Benefits included. Pay is $15/hour.
Please send resume as a Word or PDF attachment (include a brief description of any boating experience) to Harbormaster@MBYH.com.
Request For Proposals
The National Park ServiceThe National Park Service has issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) to lease the Diablo East Marina and or Rough Canyon Marina at Amistad National Recreation Area. It provides the opportunity to interested individuals and organizations to submit proposals to the NPS to lease Diablo East Marina and or Rough Canyon Marina. Visit fbo.gov for additional information.
Marina and Resort for SaleCoolin, ID
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort – located in Priest Lake, Idaho.
958 Blue Diamond Road
P.O. Box 190
Coolin, ID 83821
- Turn-key business with loyal customer base.
- Consistent revenue growth for 28 years.
- Opportunity for future expansion.
- Beautifully maintained assets.
Included in Offering:
- 60 boat moorage slips.
- Boat storage and workshop.
- Fleet of quality rental boats.
- Marina store and rental office.
- Boater showers and restroom.
- Restaurant with recent kitchen upgrades.
- 40 Open Slips.
- 4-bedroom/3-bath home used as residence and guest lodging.
- Exquisite landscaping.
For more information, please visit: http://www.waterfrontbusinessforsale.blogspot.com
Or contact: Carolyn Deshler, Owner
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort
Marina for SaleBig Fork, MT
For Sale: Bayside Park and Marine Center: Montana marina with development and expansion potential for 100+ slips with 515+ feet of protected waterfront on Big Fork Bay at the mouth of the Swan River entering Flathead Lake. The largest natural fresh water lake west of the Mississippi River. Near Glacier National Park and over a dozen golf courses. More information is available at http://deanandleininger.com/bayside/.
Dock For SaleSacramento, CA
5ft x 14ft dock for sale. 100% recycled plastic decking, plastic encapsulated styrofoam floats and galvanized steel sub structure. Stainless steel deck screws. Very well built! This is an un-used section. Was built to withstand perpendicular river current when attached to main river dock. Optional angular steel coming off deck for upstream support. Also has galvanized steel pipe running up through center of dock for additional strength. Run it at a right angle to the river current or use it parallel to the current. Or use it for a gangway landing. Send request for photos to: Mutualfunsac@yahoo.com or view them at: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/6643344375.html $1,700 or MAKE OFFER Call Steve at 916-929-5662
Here are some suggestions for your classified ad ...Sample Help Wanted This is a help wanted position, so include name of position, brief requirements, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Position Wanted This is a position wanted, so include name of position, brief qualifications, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Equipment for Sale This is a piece of equipment for sale, so include a description, price, seller’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Come back here often to check for marina opportunities and equipment! Members post ads for free. To post an opening or announcement, please send e-mail to Mariann Timms at email@example.com.