Classified Ad Categories Today
Location: Berkeley, California
Job Type: Career
Salary: $68,556.80 - $72,675.20 Annually
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
The City of Berkeley Marina is an urban retreat, boasting over 100 acres of park space, 7 miles of trails, picnic areas, a 17-acre off-leash dog area, bird-watching, educational programming at the Shorebird Park Nature Center, the nationally celebrated Adventure Playground, unparalleled panoramic views, and amenities for boaters and non-boaters alike.
The Marina's 52 acres of water and 1,100 slips can accommodate vessels 16 feet to 110 feet in length. Surge and rough water are eliminated by an entrance breakwater. Berths include dock boxes, water hook ups, electrical outlets, night lighting, locked gates, restrooms with showers, and parking. The Marina includes a full service boat yard with an on the water fuel dock, a four lane boat launch ramp, and an area for trailered boat storage, a small boat hoist, and three small-boat launching and landing docks. The Marina offers permanent and guest slips, free mobile pump outs, and is a Certified Clean Marina. Several organizations call the Marina home, including the Berkeley Yacht Club, Sailing and Watersports Clubs, and a Dragon Boat club. The Marina is centrally located approximately 8 nautical miles from the Golden Gate, and approximately 5 nautical miles from San Francisco and Angel Island.
This position is responsible for patrolling the Berkeley Marina and adjacent dock and ground areas for the prevention of theft, vandalism, and hazardous conditions and performs boat towing and rescue operations as well as office clerical and custodial duties.
Typical duties include:
- Patrols and inspects docks and adjacent facilities for hazardous conditions, leaking boats; clears marina of debris.
- Operates outboard skiffs, patrol boats, trucks and a variety of equipment including pumps, siphons and hand tools.
- Operates and monitors UHF/VHF radio equipment, notifies police and fire departments and other agencies to respond to emergencies.
- Responds to emergency situations to rescue persons and disabled vessels in the water or provide first aid.
- Performs minor maintenance on the skiff and patrol boat; performs custodial duties in the absence of assigned maintenance staff.
- Pumps excessive amounts of water from docked boats; may raise sinking boats depending on their size; may tow boats to another location, using a second boat and notifies berthers of problems with their vessels.
- Answers questions from Marina patrons and the general public about berthing, current weather conditions and marina procedures.
- Enforces rules, regulations and ordinances pertaining to the Marina.
- Maintains records and accounts in conjunction with other Marina staff and prepares a variety of written/records and reports.
- Rents berths and lockers and provides other services to berthers as requested; secures gates and collects receipts from coin box.
- May pick up litter and debris from grounds as necessary.
The Marina Assistant may be required to work various shifts, weekends and holidays in order to provide twenty four/seven days per week marina operations.
For more information and to apply go to this link: https://www.governmentjobs.
POST DATE: April 8, 2022
Havasu Riviera Marina
Havasu Riviera Marina is seeking a marina manager for their new marina facility to open this spring on Lake Havasu, Arizona. Likely to provide a once-in-a-lifetime opening/move for the right candidate, further information can be found in the following document. Interested parties should respond with their resume and brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Havasu Riviera Marina Manager Position.
POST DATE: February 28, 2022
City of Pittsburg Marina
The City of Pittsburg in California seeks a HARBORMASTER for the Marina Operations Division.
For this role:
The Harbormaster is a mid-management level class responsible for the administrative, supervisory, and technical duties related to the Pittsburg Marina functions and activities.
Maintenance and operations of all facilities (safety, construction, and repair), property management and marketing duties related to berth rentals, maintaining appropriate work records, serving as a technical resource, responding to emergencies within the Marina, providing customer service, and performs other work as required.
Salary: $101,604 - $123,504 Annually
For more information and to apply go to the following link by March 25, 2022: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pittsburg.
POST DATE: February 18, 2022
Almar Marinas is actively recruiting a Marina Manager for Oakland Marinas.
For this role:
You will be responsible for the Maintenance and Office staff.
To be successful:
you should have at least 2 years related experience, a good working knowledge in Microsoft Office and excellent Customer Service skills.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
POST DATE: January 18, 2020
Director of Operations
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Arizona and Nevada
Guest Services, Inc., the country's premier hospitality management company, is now hiring a Director of Operations to oversee several locations on both the Arizona and Nevada side of Lake Mead. Locations include Temple Bar Marina, Callville Bay Resort & Marina, Echo Bay RV Park, Black Canyon Adventures, Willow Beach Marina and Campground, and more.
Qualified candidates must have strong background in marina management as well as other areas of hospitality management such as food & beverage, retail, lodging, etc. Experience with National Park Service operations is helpful, but not required.
In accordance with Guest Services, Inc.’s (Guest Services) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting a vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that can be reduced by vaccinations. All employees are required to receive vaccinations as determined by Guest Services, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
If you are interested in applying or would like more information, please call
Kevin Rude at 702-293-1153.
The Director of Operations leads the unit managers and operations in the assigned division, including overall unit financial performance. The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring division-wide customer and client satisfaction. The Director of Operation is a high energy leader who enjoys working outdoors, has experience motivating teams across multiple locations, is savvy with the use of technology to solve problems, has a desire to learn, loves to teach, strives to deliver a great customer experience, as well as has some financial management knowledge.
- Sets goals for the division, while developing organization and structure. Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates key responsibilities and practices to reporting managers to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Manages through unusual events to keep the district operating to the Company’s standards.
- Reviews unit environments and key business indicators within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the unit management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
- Develops strategic and operational plans to support execution of division and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results.
- Monitors and manages district-wide management staffing.
- Communicates clearly and accurately to all levels of management in order to ensure effective unit operations.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent; Management, Culinary or Associate’s degree in food service or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years multi-unit management or equivalent level position experience; National Park Service operations experience is preferred.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments; experience in multi-unit environment.
- Working knowledge of the business processes and system development. Strong customer service background.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas; and indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environments.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to travel between different units within a geographic area.
- Knowledge of Commercial Marine Equipment, Appliances, Tools, Cash Registers/POS systems, and Utensils.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others.).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
POST DATE: December 22, 2020
Experienced Project Manager
Katherine Landing Recreation
Mohave Lake, AZ
The Katherine Landing Recreation Company is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage and complete that will allow Katherine Landing to continue to be the most beautiful Marina in Arizona. Katherine Landing is a water sports paradise with 793 boat slips, 198 secluded coves and 237 Miles of shoreline to enjoy.
Stunning desert scenery set against the deep blue water of Lake Mohave is the image that greets visitors to Katherine Landing. Water sports are the main attraction for many here with world class boating, wake boarding, water skiing, beaches, kayaking, scuba diving, largemouth, smallmouth and striper fishing.
Katherine Landing at Mohave Lake is a part of the Basecamp Hospitality group of properties. Basecamp Hospitality is a collaboration between independent, privately-owned award-winning park, resort, retail, and event management companies based in Red Bluff, California. Since 1975, the companies under the Basecamp Hospitality brand have been providing our superior level of service and commitment as concessionaires to our partners in local, state, and national agencies in Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of these partners, as well as our day-to-day clients and guests. We are proud to have achieved and will continue to maintain our position as the premier provider of comprehensive recreational, retail, hospitality, and event management services in the western United States.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
POST DATE: November 30, 2020
Request For Proposals
Marina and Resort for Sale
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort – located in Priest Lake, Idaho.
958 Blue Diamond Road
P.O. Box 190
Coolin, ID 83821
* Turn-key business with loyal customer base.
* Consistent revenue growth for 28 years.
* Opportunity for future expansion.
* Beautifully maintained assets.
Included in Offering:
* 60 boat moorage slips.
* Boat storage and workshop.
* Fleet of quality rental boats.
* Marina store and rental office.
* Boater showers and restroom.
* Restaurant with recent kitchen upgrades.
* 40 Open Slips.
* 4-bedroom/3-bath home used as residence and guest lodging.
* Exquisite landscaping.
For more information, please visit: Waterfront Business for Sale
Carolyn Deshler, Owner
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort
Here are some suggestions for your classified ad ...
Sample Help Wanted This is a help wanted position, so include name of position, brief requirements, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Position Wanted This is a position wanted, so include name of position, brief qualifications, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Equipment for Sale This is a piece of equipment for sale, so include a description, price, seller’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Come back here often to check for marina opportunities and equipment! Members post ads for free. To post an opening or announcement, please send e-mail to Mariann Timms at email@example.com.