Classified Ad Categories Today
Marina Manager - Redwood City Marina
• Based on Experience
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Boats
• Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
POST DATE: July 27, 2021
HARBOR DIRECTOR – Channel Islands
Salary: $149,274.77 - $209,005.17 Annually
The Harbor Director (classification: Director Harbor) reports to the County Executive Officer and oversees the Harbor Department which generates over $9 million annually from all revenue sources with the largest source from harbor leases.
In addition to the harbor's general operation, the Director's key responsibilities are to collaborate with business partners to create a robust harbor economy, work with the residents and community to enhance the harbor's recreational value, and champion enrichment projects to create a vibrant and flourishing harbor environment. Key activities involved with support of these goals include public outreach, policy formation, business development, and lease administration.
The ideal candidate will be a leader with previous experience collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders, including community members, business partners, Board of Supervisors, community groups, municipalities, coastal commission, County Executive Office, etc.; leading teams in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment to achieve specific goals, both operational and strategic; making public presentations to stakeholders, the public, advisory boards, and public officials; some experience in real estate management and land development; managing harbor and/or marine facilities that generate revenue by providing public services including visioning and strategic development; and significant experience with community engagement and communication with residents on development of the harbor to meet the needs of residents, visitors, businesses and the community.
The Director Harbor is an "at-will" classification and is exempt from the "Civil Service."
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The required knowledge, skills and abilities may also be obtained by completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, business/finance, real estate management, urban planning, or other related field with seven (7) years or more of increasingly responsible facilities and operations management, and/or administrative experience in a similar field, including progressively responsible supervision of personnel.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Significant community engagement and public outreach experience.
2. Possession of and the ability to maintain a valid California driver license.
3. Experience related to:
- California land use law
- Budget preparation and administration
- Operations generating revenue
To APPLY for this exceptional career opportunity, please submit an online application at www.ventura.org/jobs and attach your current resume and a cover letter illustrating your experience with all of the following:
- Managing harbor and/or marine facilities that generate revenue by providing public services.
- Community engagement and public outreach.
- Collaborating and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders and community members.
- Leading teams in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment to achieve specific goals, both operational and strategic.
- Making public presentations to community groups, residents, the public, advisory boards, and public officials.
- Managing real estate and negotiating leases.
First review of resumes is anticipated to be the week of July 26, 2021, to determine if the stated requirements are met.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Sabrina Anderson by email at: Sabrina.Anderson@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2642.
POST DATE: July 13, 2021
Head Junior Coach
St. Francis Yacht Club
San Francisco, CA
St. Francis Yacht Club
The Mission of the St. Francis Yacht Club is to serve as the inspirational center
of boating activities regionally, and a leader of yachting internationally.
We honor camaraderie, sportsmanship, tradition and the maritime heritage
of San Francisco in a premier yachting environment.
St. Francis Yacht Club has been recognized again as the #1 Yacht Club in the US and enjoys one of the most competitive regatta schedules in the world, typically playing host to 125+ days of racing per year. We are seeking a Head Junior Coach to mage the club’s junior sailing program.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with good team ethic
- Background in sailing/racing program management with children ages 8-18 yrs.
- US SAILING Level One or Higher Certification.
- Solid understanding of boat and rigging repair / maintenance.
- Ensure that the junior membership at St. Francis YC represents the club in the highest possible esteem; instill juniors with Corinthian values and encourage sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Provide assistance and input into scheduling and organizing of high school practices and regattas. Coaching Fall High School, Spring After School and Youth Race Team practices, regattas, clinics, and some team travel.
- Mentoring/yearly planning with Junior membership in order to determine individuals’ goals and training opportunities.
- Coordinate programs, practices, and races with surrounding Bay area yacht clubs
- Responsible for maintenance of Junior assets and Dinghy Dock, including fiberglass repair where required, and aesthetic up-keep to the St. Francis YC standard
- Handling inquiries from membership, parents, guests, and other yacht clubs in a timely fashion.
- Providing leadership and a senior presence to the coaching staff
- Assisting in the upkeep of Junior Sailing portion of the website – posting of information, news articles, results, and photos.
- Providing support to the race department under the direction of the Race Manager and Sailing Director, when required, to ensure smooth operation of water events.
Please submit resume to email@example.com for consideration. Phone calls are not necessary as all interviews are by appointment only.
POST DATE: June 14, 2021
Experienced Project Manager
Katherine Landing Recreation
Mohave Lake, AZ
The Katherine Landing Recreation Company is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage and complete that will allow Katherine Landing to continue to be the most beautiful Marina in Arizona. Katherine Landing is a water sports paradise with 793 boat slips, 198 secluded coves and 237 Miles of shoreline to enjoy.
Stunning desert scenery set against the deep blue water of Lake Mohave is the image that greets visitors to Katherine Landing. Water sports are the main attraction for many here with world class boating, wake boarding, water skiing, beaches, kayaking, scuba diving, largemouth, smallmouth and striper fishing.
Katherine Landing at Mohave Lake is a part of the Basecamp Hospitality group of properties. Basecamp Hospitality is a collaboration between independent, privately-owned award-winning park, resort, retail, and event management companies based in Red Bluff, California. Since 1975, the companies under the Basecamp Hospitality brand have been providing our superior level of service and commitment as concessionaires to our partners in local, state, and national agencies in Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of these partners, as well as our day-to-day clients and guests. We are proud to have achieved and will continue to maintain our position as the premier provider of comprehensive recreational, retail, hospitality, and event management services in the western United States.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
POST DATE: November 30, 2020
Request For Proposals
Marina and Resort for Sale
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort – located in Priest Lake, Idaho.
958 Blue Diamond Road
P.O. Box 190
Coolin, ID 83821
* Turn-key business with loyal customer base.
* Consistent revenue growth for 28 years.
* Opportunity for future expansion.
* Beautifully maintained assets.
Included in Offering:
* 60 boat moorage slips.
* Boat storage and workshop.
* Fleet of quality rental boats.
* Marina store and rental office.
* Boater showers and restroom.
* Restaurant with recent kitchen upgrades.
* 40 Open Slips.
* 4-bedroom/3-bath home used as residence and guest lodging.
* Exquisite landscaping.
For more information, please visit: Waterfront Business for Sale
Carolyn Deshler, Owner
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort
Here are some suggestions for your classified ad ...
Sample Help Wanted This is a help wanted position, so include name of position, brief requirements, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Position Wanted This is a position wanted, so include name of position, brief qualifications, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Equipment for Sale This is a piece of equipment for sale, so include a description, price, seller’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Come back here often to check for marina opportunities and equipment! Members post ads for free. To post an opening or announcement, please send e-mail to Mariann Timms at email@example.com.