Classified Ad Categories Today
Seaborne Operations Manager
SA-TECH, a federal contractor supporting numerous military test & evaluation programs at Port Hueneme and Point Mugu, is looking to hire a Seaborne Operations Manager. A Captain with experience on a wide range of vessel types, in both navigation and engineering with a proven record of excellent people, program, and project management skills would do well in this role, with previous Coast Guard or Navy background preferred.
For more information and to apply, see:
Salary Range: $110,000 - $120,000 DOE
POST DATE: February 9, 2023
Manager of Marine Operations
Manager of Marine Operations
Salary Range: $99,657.00 - $149,492.00 annually
(Initial placement is dependent upon qualifications. Salary is commensurate with work experience and supplemented by the City's attractive benefits package.)
The City of Long Beach is seeking experienced candidates for a Manager of Marine Operations position. The Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine is one of the premier parks and recreation departments in the country and is consistently recognized for excellence in management practices and programs, having received the national Gold Medal Award four times. The Marine Bureau is staffed by 110 full- and part-time employees, has an annual budget of $24.9 million, and manages a variety of facilities within the City.
Reporting to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Marine, the Manager of Marine Operations is responsible for the management of the City’s marina and beachfront operations and for the development and implementation of business planning and infrastructure development planning for the City’s marina enterprise. Primary duties of the position include direct management of the marina rebuild projects and the day-to-day operation of the City’s marina enterprise and beach and waterway activities.
Qualified applicants must possess: a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, economic development or related field; five (5) years of experience as a supervisor for a public agency, including at least two (2) years of experience as a supervisor for a parks, recreation, and/or marine program; and a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license. Experience working in a marine- or marina-related environment is highly desirable.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
For more detailed information and to apply, please visit our website:
POST DATE: January 31, 2023
Location: Berkeley, California
Job Type: Career
Salary: $68,556.80 - $72,675.20 Annually
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
The City of Berkeley Marina is an urban retreat, boasting over 100 acres of park space, 7 miles of trails, picnic areas, a 17-acre off-leash dog area, bird-watching, educational programming at the Shorebird Park Nature Center, the nationally celebrated Adventure Playground, unparalleled panoramic views, and amenities for boaters and non-boaters alike.
The Marina's 52 acres of water and 1,100 slips can accommodate vessels 16 feet to 110 feet in length. Surge and rough water are eliminated by an entrance breakwater. Berths include dock boxes, water hook ups, electrical outlets, night lighting, locked gates, restrooms with showers, and parking. The Marina includes a full service boat yard with an on the water fuel dock, a four lane boat launch ramp, and an area for trailered boat storage, a small boat hoist, and three small-boat launching and landing docks. The Marina offers permanent and guest slips, free mobile pump outs, and is a Certified Clean Marina. Several organizations call the Marina home, including the Berkeley Yacht Club, Sailing and Watersports Clubs, and a Dragon Boat club. The Marina is centrally located approximately 8 nautical miles from the Golden Gate, and approximately 5 nautical miles from San Francisco and Angel Island.
This position is responsible for patrolling the Berkeley Marina and adjacent dock and ground areas for the prevention of theft, vandalism, and hazardous conditions and performs boat towing and rescue operations as well as office clerical and custodial duties.
Typical duties include:
- Patrols and inspects docks and adjacent facilities for hazardous conditions, leaking boats; clears marina of debris.
- Operates outboard skiffs, patrol boats, trucks and a variety of equipment including pumps, siphons and hand tools.
- Operates and monitors UHF/VHF radio equipment, notifies police and fire departments and other agencies to respond to emergencies.
- Responds to emergency situations to rescue persons and disabled vessels in the water or provide first aid.
- Performs minor maintenance on the skiff and patrol boat; performs custodial duties in the absence of assigned maintenance staff.
- Pumps excessive amounts of water from docked boats; may raise sinking boats depending on their size; may tow boats to another location, using a second boat and notifies berthers of problems with their vessels.
- Answers questions from Marina patrons and the general public about berthing, current weather conditions and marina procedures.
- Enforces rules, regulations and ordinances pertaining to the Marina.
- Maintains records and accounts in conjunction with other Marina staff and prepares a variety of written/records and reports.
- Rents berths and lockers and provides other services to berthers as requested; secures gates and collects receipts from coin box.
- May pick up litter and debris from grounds as necessary.
The Marina Assistant may be required to work various shifts, weekends and holidays in order to provide twenty four/seven days per week marina operations.
For more information and to apply go to this link: https://www.governmentjobs.
POST DATE: December 29, 2022
Request For Proposals
Marina and Resort for Sale
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort – located in Priest Lake, Idaho.
958 Blue Diamond Road
P.O. Box 190
Coolin, ID 83821
* Turn-key business with loyal customer base.
* Consistent revenue growth for 28 years.
* Opportunity for future expansion.
* Beautifully maintained assets.
Included in Offering:
* 60 boat moorage slips.
* Boat storage and workshop.
* Fleet of quality rental boats.
* Marina store and rental office.
* Boater showers and restroom.
* Restaurant with recent kitchen upgrades.
* 40 Open Slips.
* 4-bedroom/3-bath home used as residence and guest lodging.
* Exquisite landscaping.
For more information, please visit: Waterfront Business for Sale
Carolyn Deshler, Owner
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort
Here are some suggestions for your classified ad ...
Sample Help Wanted This is a help wanted position, so include name of position, brief requirements, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Position Wanted This is a position wanted, so include name of position, brief qualifications, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Equipment for Sale This is a piece of equipment for sale, so include a description, price, seller’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Come back here often to check for marina opportunities and equipment! Members post ads for free. To post an opening or announcement, please send e-mail to Mariann Timms at email@example.com.