Classified Ad Categories Today
Long Cove, Club and Development
Long Cove Marina at Cedar Creek Lake
Long Cove at Cedar Creek Lake (Long Cove) is a luxury second-home gated community on Cedar Creek Lake in Malakoff, Texas, an hour and half drive outside of Dallas, Texas. Long Cove’s mission is to deliver unforgettable weekends and holidays that are an escape from the city. Fenceless freedom for families, friends, children and grandchildren. Texas sunsets that are a special blend of peach and magenta. Long Cove is for spontaneous getaways and making memories that last a lifetime. With over 1,100 wooded acres and 7.5 miles of shoreline on Cedar Creek Lake, the community is filled with resort amenities that include the Lake Club and Regatta Grill, sports play field and toy barn, fitness studio, fishing ponds, and eight miles of hiking and biking trails. There is so much to do—holiday celebrations, pickup football games on the play field, a round of golf, boating, tubing, waterskiing and wake boarding, all with a full-service marina that takes care of your boat. Or, become a member of the Long Cove Boat Club with anytime usage of a variety of wakeboard and cruising boats.
The position of Marina Manager supervises all operations and marina personnel, including the marina supervisor, valet, forklift operator and maintenance staff. The position interfaces with Long Cove members/owners, their guests and provides valet service to the Long Cove Boat Club. The Long Cove Club owns seven vessels that are used exclusively by boat club members. Daily oversight, maintenance, cleaning, and managing these reservations are integral parts of the position. The Marina Manager currently assigns 77 dry stack storage spaces for member boats and ensures their order and upkeep. Overall, the marina also provides boat valet service and shuttling the stored boats to their member/owner's docks. The Marina Manager hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates all personnel associated with the dock area. The position oversees the club marina store and fuel dock operation, ensuring compliance with all Tarrant Regional Water District rules and regulations.
The Marina Manager is responsible for managing and operating the marina within the financial guidelines established in the budget. The Marina Manager is the accountable leader for all boat and safety training classes and develops boat activities and instructors for the member/owners. The Marina Manager is also involved in representing and arranging boat sales to the member/owners through a national Nautique dealer.
The opportunity for future growth in the position is excellent as Long Cove's plans include additional dry storage capacity, the increased fleet size of boat club inventory and continued community real estate sales.
* Assigns dry stack spaces maintaining order in the slips
* Develop new programs that deliver inclusive services to homeowners, partner Buxton Marina customers and the boat Club
* Daily inspection of dry stack, slips, storage, boat reservations, dock lights and valet
* Tracks dockage charges and advises accounting on same
* Monitors boat dock surveillance cameras providing security to assets
* Oversees the maintenance and repairs of club-owned boats, docks and dock areas
* Hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates all dock area personnel, and records work performed
* Processes payroll records for marina area
* Operates and maintains club marine store and fuel dock
* Ensures harbor, fuel dock and refueling operations are managed in compliance with local, state, federal and Tarrant Regional Water District guidelines
* Ensures fuel inventory is available and working at all times
* Assists in enforcing marine ordinances
* Trains boat club captains and maintains records of same
* Attend boat Club board meetings and staff meetings
* Plans and oversees seasonal startup and shutdown activities for dock area
* Represent Ski Nautique Boat Sales
* Performs any other duties as assigned, assisting other operations as needed
* Ability to instruct boat owners in boat etiquette, handling, docking and maneuvering
* Knowledge of operational and maintenance requirements for marina facilities
* The ability to operate a marine forklift is critical
* Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with members, customers and staff. Ability to develop a “team” that displays initiative, service, creativity and innovation
* Good business and commercial acumen coupled with a skill set that enables reading and interpreting professional journals and governmental regulations
* Possess varied computer software talents and skills
* Possess interpersonal skills to communicate and express him/herself to members, customers, the general public, governmental agencies and staff
Compensation and Benefits
Long Cove offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package to include:
* Base salary commensurate with experience
* Participation in owner’s discretionary quarterly bonus pool
* Health insurance for the individual at 25% of current plan cost
* PTO equivalent of 17 days annually
This position reports to:
Long Cove on Cedar Creek Lake – General Manager.
Professionals who meet or exceed the established criteria are encouraged to submit all documents via email to:
GSI Executive Search, Inc.
CCM, CCE, ECM
POST DATE: September 25, 2020
Safe Harbor Ballena Isle (Alameda, CA)
Marina Facilities Assistant (Maintenance)
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of tasks involving all aspects of facilities maintenance and upkeep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform all general repair and maintenance related to the marina
* Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, and cleaning
* Maintain landscaping as required
* Developing and maintaining effective, friendly, professional working relationships with staff, members, guests and vendors
* Provide customer service on the fuel dock
* Assist boaters and office tenants with immediate needs
* Carry out duties and responsibilities assigned by the Maintenance Manager
* Availability to work overtime when required
Technical and Physical Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Previous marina experience preferred
* Ability to work safely around the water
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Basic boat handling skills preferred
* Knowledge of dock construction and repair preferred
* Knowledge of basic power tools preferred
* Ability to work in all weather conditions
* Must possess valid California Driver’s License
Minimum Soft Skills Qualifications:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Positive attitude and willingness to learn
* Ability to provide exceptional customer service and an understanding of customers’ needs
* Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills while working both independently and within a team context
* Organizational skills are a must
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize and work unsupervised
* Eager to engage in a growing, fast paced, and industry-leading company
Safe Harbor Marinas, LLC (SHM) is the largest owner and operator of marinas in the world. As a fast-growing private equity sponsored company, SHM cultivates a team dynamic of passionate individuals led by the sharpest minds in the industry in order to serve the vibrant boating community that encompasses the SHM network. SHM offers professional education and training opportunities and the chance to work with – and learn from – highly experienced professionals. In addition, SHM offers eligible employees healthcare benefits, 401(k) plans, paid time off, and relocation opportunities.
Safe Harbor Marinas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Safe Harbor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Vision Insurance
* marina: 2 years (Preferred)
* One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
* Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
Jeremy Grewal firstname.lastname@example.org
POST DATE: August 19, 2020
Entry Level Project Manager
In the Entry-Level Project Manager, Construction position you will assist in project proposals, sales calls, and project management. Bellingham Marine will provide on-the-job training in marina planning, estimating, production and construction management. Engineering skills will be preferred for interpreting drawings and developing marina designs/layouts. Successful applicant will be required to pass a pre- employment drug screen and will be subject to an administrative criminal background check. Reliability for work schedule is crucial. Travel up and down the West Coast to project sites will be required from time to time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops accurate material take-offs and requests pricing from suppliers and subcontractors with General Manager (GM) and Project Development Manager (PDM) to create accurate project estimates and proposals
* Ability to grasp technical concepts of products in order to accurately describe the products to potential customers and clients.
* Assists Project Manager in communicating and reviewing coordination of material orders, subcontractor, and supplier schedules with project teams.
* Tracks project costs and performance metrics against budgets to report on projects to GM and Project Manager (PM)
* Assists Operations Manager, Contract Administrator and Project Managers in creating and updating job files, and other administration duties.
* Assists Project Development Managers in technical writing, proposal development, estimating, submittals, and marketing.
* Actively participates in internal business meetings and presents ideas and/or concepts to promote and encourage company efficiency.
* Assists plant employees with the creation of concrete floating docks, including the creation of forms, casting, sub-assembly, and finishing.
* Assists Project Manager with freight and shipping for product delivery.
* Other duties as assigned.
BMI offers a competitive wage and benefits package; wage is dependent upon experience.
Applicants must go on line and complete the BMI Employment Application form to be considered for this position.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
For full job description, please click here.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact email@example.com.
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.
POST DATE: August 14, 2020
CITY OF SANTA BARBARA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
WATERFRONT FACILITIES MANAGER
$112,672 - $136,954 Annually
Under the direction of the Waterfront Director, the Waterfront Facilities Manager plans, organizes and directs the construction, maintenance and repair of all waterfront facilities. The incumbent reviews construction and maintenance plans proposed by planners, architects, and engineers; prepares cost estimates for projects; develops and administers short and long range maintenance and construction plans; obtains discretionary and building permits; creates and supports data processing activities related to maintenance and general business functions; responds to emergency events such as fires, large ocean swells, and floods; responds to requests from the public and various agencies; makes presentations to a variety of agencies; anticipates staffing, equipment and material needs; and manages the employees within the Facilities Division. The Facilities Manager works directly with two other Division Managers in the Harbor Operations Division and Business Operations Division. The Facilities Division provides assistance to these divisions through project oversight and facility maintenance of marina slips, rental properties and parking facilities. The Facilities Division, and Facilities Manager, also often coordinates with the Public Works Department to help execute some capital improvement projects.
Knowledge of: Principles and application of civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineering in a public marine facility. Principles, methods, and equipment for design, construction, and maintenance of structures, utilities, wharfs and other facilities in the marine environment. Corrosion prevention and marine-grade materials. Operation and maintenance of equipment such as emergency response and general work vessels, Harbor Patrol vessels, forklifts, and various mechanical pumps and devices. Electrical, painting, carpentry, plumbing and custodial maintenance methods. Budget preparation and administration, accounting, and principles of supervision. Application of modern electronic data management and drawing tools. Minimization of facility life cycle costs while maintaining safety, quality, and public accommodation. Dredging operations and hydrographic surveying. Understanding of regulatory agencies such as the California Coastal Commission, Department of Boating and Waterways, California State Water Resources Control Board, and City of Santa Barbara Boards and Commissions. Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
Ability to: Direct, motivate, and evaluate the work of employees; analyze proposed waterfront construction and maintenance plans and recommend changes necessary to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness. Prioritize capital projects and create long term plans for repair and replacement of Waterfront assets. Prepare plans and written reports related to waterfront projects; answer questions from the public and interested groups; and make presentations and recommendations to committees, commissions, City Council, and outside agencies. Rapidly develop response plans during and after an emergency. Provide short and long range planning guidance for waterfront facilities. Utilize computerized database, drawing, data acquisition, and general office software and equipment. Plan and execute integration of computer technology, construction activities, maintenance plans, and cost accounting. Execute dredging projects and coordinate with federal dredging entities. Conduct effective water quality testing and management programs.
Applicants are required to have experience and/or education that would have developed the knowledge and abilities listed above. A bachelor’s degree in civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering or related field is preferred.
Applicant must possess a California driver's license at time of appointment.
It is important that your application and supplemental questionnaire show all the relevant education, training, and experience you possess which qualifies you for this position. All applications and supplemental questionnaires will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. The selection process may consist of an application screening and an oral interview. The successful candidate's employment history will be thoroughly evaluated prior to appointment.
CITY APPLICATION AND RESPONSES TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE RECEIVED VIA THE CITY OF SANTA BARBARA WEBSITE, WWW.SANTABARBARACA.GOV, BY 5:30 P.M. ON FRIDAY. AUGUST 28, 2020.
(Assistant Department Heads, Deputy Police Chief, Fire Operations Division Chief, & non-safety Mid-Level Managers)
The UNCLASSIFIED employee is at-will, has no probationary period, and may be rejected at any time without cause and without the right of appeal to the Civil Service Commission.
APPLICATIONS must show clearly that the employment standards listed on the front of this bulletin are satisfied. Information provided is subject to verification. Please apply online at www.santabarbaraca.gov/jobs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY is an established City policy, encouraging applications from all qualified candidates without regard to, age (over 40), ancestry, color, mental or physical disability including HIV and AIDS, gender identity and expression, marital status, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), national origin, race, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy/childbirth), sexual orientation, political affiliation, or union membership.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) AND CALIFORNIA FAIR EMPLOYMENT & HOUSING ACT (FEHA). Applicants with a disability who require special testing arrangements should contact Human Resources.
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS include satisfactory completion of reference checks, fingerprinting, and a police record check. Designated positions may require a City-paid medical exam by a City-designated physician based upon job-related physical standards, a psychological evaluation, polygraph test, background investigation, and drug screening.
SALARY AND BENEFIT INFORMATION
Note: Salary and benefits are subject to change
STEP INCREASES, through the top salary step, are tied to job performance with annual performance reviews.
THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS may vary and are subject to change:
Note: Part-time employees receive pro-rated benefits, e.g., 50%, 60%, etc.
* Deferred Compensation (457) Savings Plan is available.
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A City-paid Employee Assistance Program is available for employees and family members. .
* Flex work/Telecommuting is available.
* Health Insurance including medical, dental, and vision benefits is available under the Cafeteria 125 Plan. The City will contribute $1,676 / month. The employee distributes this money toward the various cafeteria plan options.
* Holidays: 10 holidays (80 hours) are observed / year.
* Life Insurance: City-paid term life insurance (1 x annual salary) is provided. Employee-paid supplemental life insurance is available subject to a health application if coverage is not elected during the new hire guarantee issue period.
* Long-term Disability Insurance: City-paid coverage is provided.
* Management Leave: 40 hours are provided each July 1st(pro-rated the first year).
* Medicare: Employee pays 1.45% of salary towards future Medicare benefits.
* Personal Leave: 32 hours are provided each July 1st (pro-rated the first year).
* Retirement: PERS Miscellaneous formula: “Classic” members: 2.7% @ 55; employee contributes 11.835% of salary. “New” members: 2% @ 62; employee contributes 6.75% of salary. PERS Police Safety Formula: “Classic” members: 3% @ 50; employee contributes 9% of salary. “New” members: 2.7% @ 57; employee contributes 12% of salary. PERS Fire Safety Formula: “Classic” members: 3% @ 50; employee contributes 9% of salary. “New” members: 2.7% @ 57; employee contributes 12.75% of salary. The City does not participate in Social Security.
* Short Term Disability Insurance: Optional employee-paid coverage is available.
* Sick Leave is accrued at the rate of 96 hours / year.
The City is an employer-member of the Coastal Housing Partnership which offers regular employees with home loan assistance and rental reductions.
* Uniforms will be provided by the City to those employees required to wear a uniform.
* Vacation is accrued at 120 hours / year, increasing with City service.
IMMIGRATION REFORM & CONTROL ACT
In compliance with the Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986, if you are selected for employment with the City of Santa Barbara, you will be required to provide proof of identity and work eligibility within three business days from your hire date.
POST DATE: August 3, 2020
Dockmaster Ventura CA
We are bringing the Finest Waterfront Mixed use project to Southern California, along with the first new Marina to the area in over 25 years. This unmatched facility is located in desirable Ventura. We are looking for a Dockmaster to oversee this world class marina and reflect this exceptional standard of excellence with experience, customer service and overall acumen for this assignment and the up-scale clientele that will be served. The unique individual we seek is educated with an air of sophistication that is unmatched and is accustomed to dealing with high end clients. The Dockmaster will be responsible for all areas related to the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Marina, including direct responsibility, or assisting with leasing and pre-leasing of boat slips. The Dockmaster must also be involved in resolving issues and/or concerns as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but, are not limited to the following:
* Qualify prospects by determining their needs, eligibility & desirability.
* Completion of move-in paperwork, boater insurance and registration confirmation.
* Involvement in outreach marketing and promotional events.
* Responsible for overseeing all maintenance on docks, dock gates and all dock related facilities.
* Meet and greet all residents, prospective residents, prospective boat slip renters, vendors and others in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
* Assist with Marina tours and provide up-to-the minute knowledge of vacancies and availability dates.
* Inspection of the Marina and docks on a weekly basis.
* Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, inspections, inventories and purchase orders.
* Ability to work weekends (days off during week) and occasional holidays.
* Education/experience: High School education or equivalent. Minimum 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Math computation skills.
* English language skills, written and oral. Bi-lingual in Spanish would be a plus!
* Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Computer skills: Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, Internet software and Facebook.
Dependent upon experience plus benefits.
Glenda Haskins at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTED DATE - July 27, 2020
Marina Manager Cabrillo Way Marina
San Pedro, CA
Westrec Marinas is seeking a Manager with experience in Marina Operations to fill a position in San Pedro at Cabrillo Way Marina. The marina is located just two miles from where the I-110 west ends in San Pedro. Cabrillo Way Marina boasts a friendly staff, restrooms and showers, and free parking.
Job Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the management of Cabrillo Way Marina in San Pedro, and maintaining liaison with Port of Los Angeles Staff, as well as the community groups that support the Marina.
* Prepares and administers the annual budget.
* You will be responsible for the planning, developing, organizing, promoting, and execution of all marina activities.
* Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience managing wet slips.
* Computer skills necessary (Word and Excel);
* Customer service, and personnel skills a must.
Please email confidential resume to
email@example.com or fax to 818-907-0156.
16633 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, Ca. 91436
POST DATE - May 21, 2020
Request For Proposals
Marina and Resort for Sale
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort – located in Priest Lake, Idaho.
958 Blue Diamond Road
P.O. Box 190
Coolin, ID 83821
* Turn-key business with loyal customer base.
* Consistent revenue growth for 28 years.
* Opportunity for future expansion.
* Beautifully maintained assets.
Included in Offering:
* 60 boat moorage slips.
* Boat storage and workshop.
* Fleet of quality rental boats.
* Marina store and rental office.
* Boater showers and restroom.
* Restaurant with recent kitchen upgrades.
* 40 Open Slips.
* 4-bedroom/3-bath home used as residence and guest lodging.
* Exquisite landscaping.
For more information, please visit: Waterfront Business for Sale
Carolyn Deshler, Owner
Blue Diamond Marina and Resort
Here are some suggestions for your classified ad ...
Sample Help Wanted This is a help wanted position, so include name of position, brief requirements, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Position Wanted This is a position wanted, so include name of position, brief qualifications, contact’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Sample Equipment for Sale This is a piece of equipment for sale, so include a description, price, seller’s name and address, email address, and phone number.
Come back here often to check for marina opportunities and equipment! Members post ads for free. To post an opening or announcement, please send e-mail to Mariann Timms at firstname.lastname@example.org.