Regional Training Seminars
Don't let your company go up in smoke; Testing for Opioids and Cannabis in the workplace."
The legalization of some drugs such as marijuana at the state level provides a challenge for employers trying to follow Federal regulations for workplace safety. In addition to legalization, Federal regulations related to drug testing have also recently changed. In this session, attendees will learn:
- Should the company have a drug testing program?
- Should the company drug test pre-hire?
- Should the company pre-hire test for Marijuana? What happens if you do?
- Can you test for alcohol pre-hire?
- How can you prevent opioid use and abuse?
- Can you be sued if you do not test for marijuana?
- Can you be cited by OSHA for a deficient drug testing program?
“What to Do When OSHA Knocks.”
The session walks attendees through an OSHA inspection, with the audience steering the direction of the presentation as it responds to several questions presented throughout the session. The session covers the entire OSHA inspection process including employer and employee rights, scope of inspections, and how to respond to a possible citation.
CalOSHA Illness & Injury Prevention Program Requirements.
Employers in California are required to have an effective written Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). The benefits of an effective IIPP include improved workplace safety and health, better morale, increased productivity, and reduced costs of doing business. Whether you need to develop a written IIPP or improve your existing IIPP, this session will help you by discussing the details of the following topics:
- Preventing and Reducing Costly Injuries and Illnesses
- What an IIPP Is and How It Works
- Exceptions to the Written IIPP and Documentation Requirements
- IIPP for Employers with Seasonal or Intermittent Employees
- How to Create Your Written IIPP
Robert Smith, Executive Director, Fisher Phillips Safety Solutions
Travis Vance, Partner, Fisher Phillips, LLP
Monday, April 6,2020│9:00 am - Noon
Village West Marina - Village West Yacht Club
6633 Embarcadero, CA 95219
Tuesday, April 7, 2020|9:00 am - Noon
Marina Bay Yacht Harbor
1340 Marina Way S. Richmond,CA 94804
Los Angeles Seminar
Wednesday, April 8,2020│9:00 am - Noon
California Yacht Marina-Cabrillo Marina
224 Whalers Walk, San Pedro, CA 90731
San Deigo Seminar
Thursday, April 9, 2020|9:00 am - Noon
The Bay Club Hotel and Marina
2131 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106
$159.00 $139.00 Additional Attendees First Attendee $159.00 $189.00 If postmarked after 5 business day prior to the event MRA Member Price Non MRA Member Price Additional Attendees $119.00 $149.00 First Attendee
If postmarked before 5 business day prior to the event MRA Member Price Non - MRA Member Price